reduce the amount of olive oil and tahini, making it lower in fat and calories. Try this with veggies for a snack or in this deviled egg recipe for a healthy appetizer!omemade hummus is great because you can
Healthy Homemade Hummus Recipe
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), reserve liquid
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp . extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic , coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup tahini (sesame butter)
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) (to taste; optional)
- Ground paprika (for garnish; optional)
Place chickpeas, lemon juice, oil, and garlic in food processor or blender and pulse until chickpeas are mashed.
Add tahini; pulse for 1 minute. If hummus is too thick, add some of the reserved chickpea liquid. Add salt, if desired.
Garnish with paprika, if desired.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Fat: 5 g
Carbohydrates: 9 g (Fiber: 3 g; Sugars: 1 g)
Protein: 3 g