Watermelon is a unique twist that makes this chilled gazpacho soup even more flavorful and refreshing. This tasty recipe requires no cooking. Just put everything into a blender and push the button!
Watermelon and Tomato Gazpacho
Total Time: 15 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: None
Yield: 4 servings, about ¾ cup each
1 medium tomato, chopped
4 cups cubed watermelon
½ medium cucumber, chopped
1 medium shallot, chopped
1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
2 Tbsp. chopped Italian parsley (reserve a small amount for garnish)
½ tsp. sea salt
Thinly sliced carrots (for garnish; optional)
Thinly sliced radishes (for garnish; optional)
1. Place tomato, watermelon, cucumber, and shallot in blender; cover. Pulse until chunky.
2. Add vinegar, oil, basil, parsley, and salt; pulse until chunky.
3. Remove ⅓ of tomato mixture; place in medium serving bowl.
4. Blend remaining tomato mixture until smooth. Add to serving bowl; mix well.
5. Divide into 4 serving bowls. Garnish with carrots, radishes, and parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts (per Serving):
Fat: 4 g
Carbohydrates: 14 g (Fiber: 1 g; Sugars: 11 g)
Protein: 2 g