Last night I felt like I creating something more glamorous than my usual, but delicious, chicken and veggie stir-fry. So I got a little creative and decided to take my Mexican stir fry recipe and through it into halved bell peppers! We all LOVED IT!!! Thought I’d share this fun healthy recipe with you so you can try it at home this week! Let me know what you think!
Chicken & Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers
Let’s get cooking!
1. Cut Bell Peppers in half (one per person), and roast them for 15-20 minutes in the oven with a drizzle of olive oil and pepper or seasonings of choice.
2. Create the stir Fry- I mix and grill up the veggies in a wok first (onions, mushrooms, corn, black beans, leeks, zucchini, spinach, and garlic) with a spoonful of Trader Joe’s Enchilada Sauce!
3. Then add quinoa or brown Rice or and chicken chunks or ground turkey to the wok and mix it all together.
4. Spoon stir fry into 1/2 roster bell pepper, sprinkle with a little cheese, toss back into the oven for 15-20 mins at 350 degrees and BOOM, you are ready to ENJOY!
5. You can add a slice of avocado or salsa on top when plated, just as a little extra bonus!