Mangos are back in season! This mango salad is kicked up with a zing of jalapeno and is a great—and easy—side salad that you can pair with almost any meal.
Total Time: 20 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: None
Yield: Makes 4 servings
2 medium mangoes, peeled, cut into half-inch cubes
½ medium red onion, finely chopped
½ medium jalapeno (or Serrano chile), cut in half, seeds removed, finely chopped
¼ cup 100% orange juice
2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
Sea salt (to taste; optional)
8 cups baby greens (or arugula)
1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
1. Combine mangoes, onion, jalapeno, orange juice, cilantro, and salt (if desired) in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Place greens in a large bowl.
3. Drizzle oil over greens; toss gently to blend.
4. Add mango mixture; toss gently to blend.
5. Divide salad evenly among four plates. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Total Fat: 4 g
Total Carbs: 20 g (Fiber: 3 g; Sugars: 17 g)
Protein: 2 g