This healthy broccoli and beef stir-fry gets vibrant color and a boost of vitamin C from red bell peppers.
beef and broccoli with red bell pepper
Total Time: 20 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 10 min.
Yield: 4 servings, 1 cup each
¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
6 Tbsp. water, divided use
2 Tbsp. corn starch, divided use
1 Tbsp. raw honey
1 lb. raw top sirloin beef, trimmed of fat and sliced into ½-inch thick pieces
1 tsp. coconut oil
4 cups broccoli florets
2 medium bell peppers, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 thin slice fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
1. Combine soy sauce, 4 Tbsp. water, 1 Tbsp. corn starch, and honey in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
2. Combine remaining 1 Tbsp. cornstarch and 2 Tbsp. water in a large bowl; mix well. Add beef. Toss gently to coat.
3. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Add beef; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes, or until cooked through and no longer pink. Remove from skillet, keep warm.
5. Add broccoli, bell pepper, garlic, and ginger to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes. Place broccoli mixture in beef bowl.
6. Add soy sauce mixture to skillet; cook, stirring constantly, over medium-high heat for 30 seconds, or until thickened.
7. Return beef and broccoli mixture to skillet; cook, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until well mixed and heated through.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
Total Fat: 6 g
Total Carbohydrates: 17 g (Fiber: 1 g; Sugar: 8 g)
Protein: 28 g