Snuggle up in the covers, put on a movie, and treat yourself to a bowl of soup on this winter day! Rotisserie-cooked chicken means this hearty homemade soup is ready in minutes!
Chicken and White Bean Soup
Total Time: 25 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 15 min.
Yield: 8 servings, about 1 cup each
2 tsp. olive oil
2 medium leeks, washed, cut into ¼-inch rounds (white and light green parts only)
3 fresh sage sprigs, leaves removed and chopped, stems discarded (or ¼ tsp. dried sage)
3 cups low-sodium organic chicken broth
2 cups water
12 oz rotisserie chicken meat, boneless, skinless, shredded
1 (15-oz) can cannellini (white) beans, drained, rinsed
8 Tbsp. nonfat plain yogurt
4 Tbsp. microgreens (for garnish; optional)
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add leeks; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft.
3. Add sage; cook, stirring frequently, for 30 seconds, or until aromatic.
4. Add broth and water. Bring to a boil, covered. Reduce heat; cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add chicken and beans; cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until heated through.
6. Divide soup evenly between 8 bowls. Top evenly with a dollop of yogurt and microgreens.
Nutrition Per Serving:
Total Fat: 6g
Total Carbs: 15g (Fiber: 4g; Sugars: 2g)