A healthier version of the favorite party dip, usually made from a powder of artificial flavors, this French onion dip is made from scratch with savory caramelized onions.
French onion dip
Total Time: 3 hrs. 35 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 25 min.
Yield: 7 servings, about 3 Tbsp. each
2 Tbsp. olive oil
4 medium onions, chopped
½ cup low-sodium organic beef broth
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
½ tsp. garlic powder
Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
2 cups reduced-fat (2%) plain Greek yogurt
1. Heat oil in medium saucepan over very low heat.
2. Add onions; cook, stirring frequently, for about 20 minutes, or until onions are soft and golden brown.
3. Add broth, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper if desired; cook, over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes, or until broth has evaporated. Remove from heat. Let onion mixture cool completely.
4. Combine onion mixture and yogurt in a medium bowl; mix well.
5. Chill, covered, for 1 hour (or overnight).
6. Serve with raw vegetables for dipping.
Nutritional Information (per serving) not including vegetables:
Total Fat: 7 g
Total Carbohydrates: 13 g (Fiber: 2 g; Sugars: 9 g)
Protein: 10 g