I was standing in an elevator, headed up to my room that overlooked the beaches of Copacabana when a nice older British gentlemen struck up a bit of small talk with me and asked where I was from and what I did for a living. I told him I live on the central coast of California and I am an online health and fitness coach. He nodded and then as my words sank in, he asked, “how do you coach people online? Don’t you have an office or something where they can come see you?”
I smiled and told him… “That’s the best part about it… I can coach my clients here from the beaches of Rio Di Janeiro or anywhere else in the world and give them even better knowledge, expertise, and training than I could ever offer in person. I am here for them 24/7 and they know that when they need help, I am their person! Rain or shine, day or night, no matter their fitness level or their location.”
He continued to ask more about my career and how I became an online coach and at the end of our conversation, he asked the most important question of all… “What makes someone hire an online fitness and health coach as opposed to seeking out someone they can go see physically?”
The elevator came to a stop and he got out before I could answer him… So I decided to blog about it in hopes that one day he might read it and I can answer his question and the question I get asked so frequently by people looking for a solution to their health and fitness needs… So here it is…
8 Benefits of Using an Online Health and Fitness Coach
1. Personalization – you receive a plan that’s tailored to you and your current health needs and fitness abilities rather than a one-size-fits-all plan. This customization is far less expensive when compared to the fees of a daily personal trainer and nutritionist.
2. Options- you have choices! You get free coaching consultations with me to determine what kind of program you need as well as what areas of coaching will be most effective for you. I’ve worked with people of all ages, weights, and health conditions (high cholesterol, blood pressure, diabetes) and I’m confident we can find a solution that will be right for you.
3. Feel Empowered- You can feel the accomplishment and the empowerment just as you would when seeing a personal trainer at the gym! We interact daily and set weekly benchmarks for you to hit your overall goal in a timely fashion.
4. Comfortable and non-intimidating – it can be scary to set foot in a gym or work with a personal trainer in public settings… But I will get you moving and feeling better without the fear of intimidation or embarrassment.
5. Convenient- because you’re making a LIFESTYLE change, it has to fit into YOUR SCHEDULE, otherwise it will not be sustainable. We carve out certain times of the day that work for you and your busy schedule so that you can squeeze in time for exercise, grocery shopping, meal prep, and clean eating.
6. Database of Information – you receive all of the benefits and knowledge of a personal trainer and health coach PLUS a plethora of meal plans, recipes, healthy cooking shows, diet knowledge, clean eating blogs, and a fitness community of healthy-minded individuals all at your fingertips 24/7! This information will be a valuable resource as you continue your pursuit of healthy living!
7. Better YOU without breaking the bank- because I don’t have the overhead of a gym or office, I can charge less than my gym-counterparts and give you even more value. Lose weight and tone up without taking a big hit financially.
8. Becoming your BEST self – whether you’re 18 or 91 (yes I have a 91 year old client and she’s AMAZING) there is NO BETTER time than NOW to begin your transformation. As an online health and fitness coach, I can help you get in the best shape of your life, assist you in reaching your optimum weight, and help you live a better, healthier life. As times change and technology continues to improve, we can harness these tools to help you make the changes you’ve always wanted to make!